Finding the best sublimation ink for Epson and Sawgrass printers is really important.
Your sublimation ink will not only decide the design quality of your products, but also help you print good volume effortlessly.
To help you find the best inks for sublimation, I have handpicked and tested 6 of the best options in the marketplace.
Things to consider when buying sublimation ink
- Print quality – Sublimation printing needs ink that prints perfect quality products, so make sure that your specific product goes handy with your ink.
- Compatibility – Ensure that the sublimation ink is compatible with your exact printer model.
- Fading – Some sublimation ink claims to transfer the design perfectly, but as soon as the heat press comes in, it starts to fade. And while a little fading is okay, too much of it can take away the vibrancy of your sublimation product.
- Clogging – Most of the inks are built with anti-clogging technology, but just keep it in mind when buying.
- ICC profile – Each printer has an ICC profile and you need to change that a bit for getting the best print results. Make sure that the ink you are buying offers a downloadable ICC profile, or if there is a YouTube video to help you with that.
Best sublimation inks for Epson and Sawgrass
1. Printers Jack
Printer Jack is one of the best sublimation inks for Epson EcoTank and WorkForce models.
The four color combination offer tons of high quality printing and goes handy with a variety of heat press machines. Plus, Printers Jack offer a custom ICC profile for easily changing printer settings and getting a beautiful sublimation design.
Another great feature that makes it the top option for best sublimation inks is the wide range of products it can sublimate on. This includes mugs, plates, polyester shirts, phone cases, shoes, ceramics and more.
Lastly, the colors are vibrant, they claim to produce bright and vivid colored items using 3-layered filtered ink technology that doesn’t clog and print smoothly.
- Fade resistant and easy installation
- Anti UV refillable sublimation ink kit with high durability
- High heat transfer printing rate
Hiipoo is the best selling sublimation ink that goes handy with top Epson printers including C88, C88+, WF7710 and nearly all of the EcoTank models.
This sublimation ink shows precise color and goes handy with different surfaces. This is one of the best features of this sublimation ink, it works for processing fonts, block patterns, woo, socks and almost all of the products used in sublimation.
The limitations in fabrics sublimation is that you can only sublimate on products with less than 30% cotton.
Quality-wise, it’s ISO and MSDS certified, so you can rely on the sturdiness of this ink. Hippo ink ICC profile needs a little tweaks to work perfectly.
- Compatible with WorkForce, Expression and EcoTank Supertank series
- Offers long lasting and bright sublimation prints
3. Sublijet HD
Sublijet is Sawgrass’s officially recommended ink for high quality print graphics. They have different inks based on the model, the one we are going to review is for Sawgrass Virtuoso SG400 and SG800.
This is original ink made by Sawgrass specifically for soft and hard polyester substrates. The 4 color ink set is also good for using sublimation transfers using vinyl.
They also have other variations like ChromoBlast HD ink for cotton fabrics. Sublijet is made in the USA via professionals to offer high efficiency. Though it’s quite expensive, it is an ideal option for Sawgrass sublimation printers.
- Well tested ink for stringent QC standards
- Made in USA Sawgrass ink
inkXpro is great for printing on light sublimation blanks, it gives perfect blend and work with popular Epson models.
You can download the ICC profiles directly from inkXpro official site and this ink can be used for common products like polyester shirts, phone cases, mugs and so on.
The dye based sublimation ink offers colorful and bright display n sublimates. You can also use Amazon confirmed fit to find out if it is compatible with your exact Epson model.
- Unique and colorful sublimation ink
- Free ICC profile on official site
Xcinkjet is a Sawgrass sublimation ink cartridge for SG400 and SG800 models. The 4 colored sublimation ink pack is a great alternative to Sublijet which is mainly for hard surfaces.
You can use it on clothing, mouse mat, hats, watches and more. This option prints accurate desingns without fading color after heat transfer. The heat press color loss is almost neglible.
The company offers a free ICC profile and offers good customer support for helping you start with your sublimation print.
- Compatible with Ricoh and Sawgrass printers
- Awesome sublimation print quality
TBTeek sublimation ink is for refillable cartridges and CISS. My last pick for best sublimation ink for Epson is a low viscosity liquid technology that doesn’t get clogged in the print heads.
The anti UV refillable sublimation ink kit has a strong stability on sublimation blanks and can be used on both the soft and hard surfaces.
This ISO certified ink is a perfect alternative to Hiipoo ink. It holds water in multi color sublimation printing test. You can print a highly colorful design without affecting the border precision of each graphic element.
- ISO certified sublimation ink
- Good quality and vibrant colors
Which is the best sublimation ink?
So that was our take for some of the best sublimation inks for Epson and Sawgrass. You can go ahead with any of the above options. We also added OSinkject, but it has not the best feedback from small business owners.
If I have to pick one, Hiipoo sublimation is the best option. You can also go with Printers Jack, if you didn’t find printer compatibility for Epson.