Are you looking for the best enterprise eCommerce platforms? Then you are on the right page!
With the eCommerce marketplace saturating quickly and online retail revenue growing to millions, it is essential to level up your eCommerce game.
Enterprise eCommerce platforms are advanced, more scalable solutions. Think of them as something that equips you with superb dynamic functionality, integration flexibility, and a modern market toolset.
I have handpicked and tested six options (based on my experience and market research), and I will present them to you here. Let’s begin.
Best Enterprise eCommerce Platforms in 2021
1. Shopify Plus
Shopify is the eCommerce industry giant mainly because of the 360 degree eCommerce solution it offers to the customers. And Shopify Plus is no less. It;s an enterprise eCommerce platform with focus on scalability features and ample customization on a budget.
|Custom API for easy integration and scalability features||Limited modification room for payment gateway|
|99.99% uptime and conversion-optimized checkout experience|
|Available for 5 unique categories|
- Faster, secure, and optimized for performance
- Currently hosting 29k+ enterprise businesses
- Create region-optimized multilingual pages for geo-targeting
- Shopify Flow, Launchpad, and Shopify Scripts for eCommerce automation
- Set up separate B2C AND B2B (with D2C-like experience) channels
- 33+ Certified apps for improving ease of usage, 3D modeling, NetSuite integration, and more.
- Custom API for heavy integration (like NetSuite CRM)
- Build a custom storefront with Plus SDKs
- Dedicated launch manager and success manager
Shopify Plus pricing starts at $2,000 per year. You can find out more about their custom plans via a quick chat.
BigCommerce is a platform that’s outbeat the best eCommerce enterprise platforms when it comes to international eCommerce. While you might find their plan a bit more expensive, the scalability features are worth it.
|An abundance of storefront customization and quick onboarding||Expensive BigCommerce themes|
|99.98% uptime and high conversion rates||Additional fees for successful customers|
|Built-in functionalities instead of third-party apps|
- BigCommerce claims a 99.5% retention rate
- Single tool for localization, storefront customization, and global eCommerce
- Built-in features for adding complex core functionalities
- It can handle large, complex catalogs with 600+ variant SKUs and 250 option values
- Auto schedule discounts without complex coding
- Advanced product filtering using BigCommerce-native faceted search
- It offers scalable features and fast performance
- ShipperHQ integration for structuring product details, destinations, and dimensions
BigCommerce offers a free trial (recently activated on all plans during the Coronavirus crisis). Their plan begins at about $400 per month and can go up to $18,000 per month.
Magento Commerce is the third most popular eCommerce platform, which makes it one of the best enterprise eCommerce platforms.
It is an open-source, self-hosted eCommerce platform. This means you will have both flexibility to choose the hosting with the best performance and a lot of room for customization.
|Being open source, Magento Commerce offers great control over integrations||Not the best performance in the eCommerce software marketplace|
|It is jam-packed with an advanced set of features||Magento Commerce has a huge learning curve|
|Magento marketplace to help you with functionality|
- Provides a fully customizable experience using page builder
- Easily set up product recommendations, customer segmentation & personalization, and more
- Magento Commerce is used by over 39,625 online stores.
- Tailor functionality using Magento PWA studio
- Automates your business operations like inventory management, shipping, and customer service
- Cloud deployment along with high performance and security
- A Magento marketplace to help you with anything related to your eCommerce business
Some other essential features include mobile Commerce, B2B eCommerce, global expansion, Amazon sales channel, ERP integration, and headless eCommerce.
Magento Commerce software itself will cost you around $1,988 per month, but you’ll also have to buy hosting and a domain.
WooCommerce is already the #1 choice when it comes to eCommerce stores. But what makes it a good fit for one of the best enterprise eCommerce platforms? Read on to find out.
The WooCommerce for enterprise offers a lot of room for testing marketing strategies with free WordPress plugins and cost-effective customization (being open-source), as well as being integration-flexibility. While WooCommerce for enterprise cannot compete directly with bigger fish like Magento Commerce or BigCommerce, it does offer free/paid extensions for adding specific functionalities.
It’s good for those who want to have basic enterprise eCommerce features on a budget and only pay for the enterprise features (extensions) they add.
|WooCommerce is a free WordPress plugin||Fewer features as compared to complete eCommerce solutions like Shopify Plus|
|You will have a lot of room to test marketing campaigns||No dedicated support team|
|WooCommerce Enterprise extensions marketplace helps with specific functionality tweaks|
|WooCommerce themes are cheap and you can use Elementor for redesigning|
- WooCommerce is beginner-friendly and a free plugin
- Use Elementor theme builder with WooCommerce for the ability to redesign any element of your eCommerce store
- WooCommerce provides great flexibility to build your databases for promotions and marketing campaigns
- Frequent WordPress updates ensure the overall safety of your business sites
- WooCommerce offers a lot of extensions for flexible eCommerce
- Being WordPress-backed, you will have access to free (and useful) plugins for dynamic functionality
- WooCommerce hosting support, WooCommerce community support, and a knowledge base
- Complete flexibility to choose a fast eCommerce hosting
- WooCommerce is optimized for best performance and to go handy with WordPress
WooCommerce is a free plugin for creating eCommerce site based on WordPress CMS. But you’ll have to choose an enterprise hosting ($200 – $500) and domain name ($8 – $12 per year), as well as a WooCommerce business theme ($60 on average). Plus paid addons based on features you’d like.
Salesforce Commerce Cloud (formerly Demandware) is a cloud-based SaaS eCommerce solution to make B2B business much easier. I’d say it’s a good choice for small and growing businesses.
|Salesforce Commerce Cloud offers a truly unified experience and provide you with important details for customer marketing||A little complex to set up and use.|
|Predictive intelligence for improving shopping experience||Not the best customer support|
|Awesome integrated tools like Chatter (collaboration solution)|
- Salesforce Commerce cloud provides a custom B2B experience
- Unify the buying experience via multiple touchpoints and create a 360-degree view
- Optimized for mobile shoppers with features like one-touch payment
- Create a personalized experience using AI without an expensive data scientist
- Manage multiple storefronts and optimize for international eCommerce – currency, language, and more
- Easily integrate with Salesforce CRM for improving business relations
Salesforce Commerce pricing starts at 1% GMV (gross merchandise value).
|High-performing, mobile-responsive websites||Slightly steeper learning curve compared to Shopify (although still much easier than Magento)|
|Hundreds of built-in features that reduce the need for third-party apps|
|Much lower starting price without compromising quality|
3dcart is somewhat less well-known than Shopify or BigCommerce, but is a strong contender in SaaS eCommerce platforms. Its biggest advantages are – flexibility and high feature count. This enterprise solution holds up well against the competition, and its lower starting price makes it easier for businesses to transition into Enterprise-grade hosting and services.
- Strong web hosting with 99.99% uptime, supporting unlimited bandwidth, with CDN and security through Cloudflare
- Unlimited SKUs, including unlimited product options/variants, and per-variant inventory tracking and pricing
- Growing variety of templates available, customizable through built-in tools or full access to theme files for direct code editing
- Powerful customer segmentation through Customer Groups, allowing different product visibility, pricing, access to promotions and more per group, for simultaneous B2C and B2B, segmented marketing, etc.
- Huge number of built-in features including promotions, inventory management, real-time shipping, loyalty program, RMA and much more
- Tons of integrations with shipping software, marketing tools, and other third-party solutions
- Dedicated 24/7/365 support team including your own Technical Account Manager to serve as your main point of contact
3dcart Enterprise has a different pricing structure than other SaaS Enterprise platforms, as 3dcart actually offers 3 different Enterprise plans:
- Enterprise I – $499.99/month
- Enterprise II – $999.99/month
- Enterprise Custom – custom quote
Each Enterprise plan also includes additional features for free that normally incur an extra fee from 3dcart’s app store, further increasing the value of these plans. Unlike other Enterprise platforms you will not need a custom quote until your business is making over $10 million per year in online sales.
Which are the best enterprise eCommerce platforms for your business?
Finding the best enterprise eCommerce solution depends on the type of services and features you want.
- Shopify Plus and BigCommerce are undoubtedly the best options that are strong in nearly all the tested features.
- If you want budget-friendly options and don’t mind not having a dedicated support team, WooCommerce for Enterprise and Magento Commerce are the places to go.
- Salesforce Commerce Cloud is a SaaS that is good for growing international eCommerce.
- 3dcart is an alternate SaaS option with robust functionality, dedicated support, and a lower price point than Shopify or BigCommerce.
Still not sure which is the best eCommerce platform for your enterprise business? Feel free to reach out to me at boutiquesetup at gmail.com