The online shopping industry has already grown to 2 billion buyers and is increasing rapidly. For this reason, you need to doubly make sure that the online store you are buying from, keeps your personal information safe and that they aren’t scamming you.
With stores like Zaful com increasing exponentially, it is now more important than ever to verify whether the eCommerce store you’re buying from is legit or not.
In this post, we are going to do an analysis of Zaful, looking carefully at every aspect to determine whether Zaful is a legit eCommerce store or not. By the end, you will be able to know whether you should ultimately buy from Zaful.
Let’s dive into it!
What is Zaful?
Zaful is an online clothing store that sells dresses, swimwear, outwear, accessories, and more.
Zaful clothing is a Hong Kong-based online clothing store owned by Bi’an Information Technology. This brand was founded in 2007 and has grown an online clothing community mainly because of the discounts they offer. Zaful is now compared to other brands in the race like Shein and Romwe.
It mainly focuses on vintage and modern clothing designs, and it’s an online store selling trendy, fashionable clothing from a third-party website to customers. They don’t have an inventory setup, which is both good and bad (we will discuss that point more later).
However, it looks too good to be true. The discount pricing for the trendiest clothing collection seems like a little too much. Read on till the end to know if you should really buy from Zaful clothing.
What are the product categories available on Zaful?
As a customer, you will be enthralled with the number of products available in the store and the discounted prices. Although they started as a clothing store, Zaful expanded their categories to accessories and footwear as well.
They have a wide range of products, and we would love to be able to list all of them, but this should give you a brief overview of the women’s clothing available on Zaful:
- Two-piece Outfits
- Tank Tops
- Jackets & Coats
- Mini Dresses
- Fitness Clothing
Zaful men’s clothing is comparatively a bit more limited. You will find the following products under men category:
- Tees & Tanks
- Hoodies & Sweatshirts
- Jackets & Coats
- Sweaters & Cardigans
Out of all these product zaful bikini, zaful swimsuits, and zaful bathing suit are some of the most searched items.
In addition to this, there is an accessories section featuring jewelry, sunglasses, belts, beauty products, bags, hats, shoes, gloves, and socks.
Zaful reviews by existing customers
Overall, they offer okay-ish products and, in a few cases, beyond that. You can buy some unique and modern clothing from their online store, but they do have a few issues with sizes, returns, and shipment. Zaful definitely needs to improve their refund process; it is fairly difficult.
To get more genuine data, we did our own survey and reached out to customers who have made a purchase on Zaful. Here are the Zaful reviews:
- I’ve ordered from Zaful multiple times in the past 3 years. Overall, my experience has always been great, but here are my thoughts. Their Swimsuits are the best! Super affordable, the quality is great and sizing is true to size. Dresses tend to be short, so for me being 5’11, I have to only order maxi dresses or read the reviews on the shorter ones to see if it’ll be long enough for me. Tops are 50/50. Basic tops and blouses are great! fancier materials tend to be lower quality… Oh and last thing, make sure you take the cheapest shipping option to avoid DHL’s custom fees (it’ll still ship within 7-10 days)
- hi! I have purchased many things from Zaful, including dresses, matching sets, and swimwear and I love all of them!! they always look like the photos, great quality, and fit perfectly.
- My first experience at Zaful wasn’t so good. The product I ordered never came and I’m still waiting for the refund after 3 months.
Zaful online reputation
Now, let’s talk about the most important part. We analyzed almost every source available online to find out what kind of user experience Zaful is offering, and what customers think of their online store.
Zaful has vibrant color options and a very trendy clothing line. Most of the customers are happy with the clothing they’ve bought.
However, there seems to be a shipment and refund issue. Some customers complained that they’ve never received their products. A few of them even received a different product from the one listed on the website.
With that said, you will notice most of the complaints about not receiving an order were made during the quarantine time. It could be that the lockdown could be hindering their shipment to an extent.
Here are some of the ratings and Zaful reviews from online business platforms (at the time of writing):
|S.no.||Review website||Rating||Total reviews|
To get more genuine data, we did our own survey and reached out to customers who have made a purchase on Zaful. Here are the reviews:
The Good and Bad of Buying on Zaful
First, let’s talk about the good part:
- Product catalog– Zaful offers a wide variety of products. Plus every category has further options based on ongoing trends.
- Promotions – One thing you will always notice on Zaful is there exclusive discount offers. They offer a variety of deals based on seasons, festivals, hot trends, and more.
- Return policy – Zaful offers a 30-day
sreturn warranty after receiving the product.
- Student policy – Zaful has a student discount program that offers an 8% discount for a yearly charge of $9.99 per year including free shipping. This is especially helpful if you buy a lot from Zaful.
- B2B dropshipping – If you want you can also use their dropshipping to start an online boutique of your own. However, unlike other dropshipping services, you’d be required to buy items in bulk for resale on your dropship store.
Now the bad part:
- Shipment delays – The biggest disadvantage of buying from Zaful is – shipment issues. Many trustworthy sites and online forums have users sharing their experiences. In many cases, Zaful items took much longer to deliver. Many customers complained that they didn’t even received the product.
- Limited products in the men’s category – Zaful has trendy clothing for both men and women, but the men’s section has comparatively much fewer products.
- Slow refund process and return charges – They follow a 30-day
srefund policy, but during the Corona pandemic, they have increased it to 60 days. Many customers on Better Business Bureau have complained that they never received the product they ordered or a refund. Your refund will be deduced for shipment cost from their store to you and then back to them.
- Product mismatches – There are also complaints about product mismatches that includes receiving a bad quality product, different design patterns, size issues, and a totally different item from the one ordered.
Although, this one is a common problem with many online eCommerce stores. Always check the product reviews, ratings, and other details when buying. Cotton is always a safe bet for online clothing.
Zaful payment options and shipment charges
Despite some issues with deliveries, Zaful is safe when it comes to payment. They use a PCI- compliant payment processing system. You can make payments on Zaful via PayPal, wire transfer, Western Union, Boleto Bancario, Zaful gift cards, and Zaful wallet, as well as COD for certain countries (Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Kuwait, and more).
For improving security, they have a McAfee Secure logo that provides solid proof for their payment security.
Zaful uses postal service for the product shipment. The basic delivery charge starts from $10 – $20 based on your location and reduces to $0 for orderes above $49. The screenshot above shows the shipment charge for the United States. Zaful ships to almost every country in the world, and you can check how much it would cost via their shipping page.
Warranty and return policy
Zaful will return your product if you are unhappy with it. You need to pay for the return shipment and make sure that the product is not damaged.
To reach them for a refund, you need to contact the support center and mention the item details, the reason for the return, your order number, and the SKU product number.
For defective, incorrect, or not as described items, you’d need to send them a clear picture or video.
They will refund or exchange the item if the company is responsible for the issue. Their return page mentions that they can replace the full amount including the shipment charges or replace the item at their expense if the problem is from their end. But do know that you won’t get a full refund if you ordered the wrong item or size. In that case, you can only get an exchange or partial refund.
Zaful has some additional notes for better managing returns and refunds. Please read them carefully before buying at their store.
As I mentioned before, Zaful has slow customer support. You can reach out to them via your Zaful account by signing in. Their support center will create a ticket for your issue, and one of their representatives will get back to you.
Alternatively, you can also reach them by phone, within their working hours（Mon. – Sun. from 10:00 AM – 19:00 PM EST）. Additionally, they have an email address to get help for your purchase. You can contact them on [email protected]
I saw a lot of complaints online, and I went ahead and tested Zaful’s customer support. I dropped an email to their support team for a product follow-up, and they took 5 days just to reply an inquiry email. So, Zaful’s customer support is definitely slow, and when someone finally did get in touch with me, it was only to direct me to their policy page.
How long does zaful take to ship?
Zaful com offer 2 types of shipping methods:
1. Standard Shipping – For this, Zaful shipping takes 8 to 25 business days.
2. Express Shipping – Estimated delivery time is between 6-15 business days
Where does Zaful Clothing ships from and where is Zaful located?
Zaful is a Hong Kong based company that ships all of its clothing directly from China.
Is Zaful legit or scam (what I learnt from Zaful reviews)
After an in-depth analysis, I can confidently say that Zaful isn’t a complete scam. However, it does have some serious issues when it comes to shipments, refunds. While the clothing line is trendy and budget friendly, they don’t provide the level of customer support necessary for the customers.
The refund takes so long to process that people stop following up. Many users don’t even receive a refund. Plus, they deduce the shipment cost from your refund. There are so many complaints on BBB from customers who never got the product or the refund.
What I really found weird about Zaful reviews is that nearly all of them are positive on their official store. But on other places like Amazon, there are some negative reviews about fulfillment experience.
It is normal to have size problems or even mismatch deliveries, but their store needs to come forward and take full responsibility of fulfillment. This is something I really like about Amazon.
In a nutshell, its a buy-at-your-own-risk kind of deal. If you are lucky, you might receive exact same product delivered on time without any defect. If not, you’d have to waste a lot of time trying to get a response from their customer support and get the refund.
The best way to get hands on Zaful trendy clothing is by buying them from Amazon. This way you will get the fulfillment support from a trustworthy eCommerce brand.